- What is a Children's Advocacy Center?
- A children’s advocacy center or “CAC” is a child-focused, facility-based program in which representatives from many disciplines, including law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, mental health, medical, and victim advocacy work together to conduct interviews and make team decisions about investigation, treatment, management and prosecution of child abuse cases.
- Why was SCNCAC created?
- SCNCAC was created to unite South Carolina CACs to create a stronger network and ultimately end abuse and neglect. The more united our CACs are, the better we can fight against and help the victims of child abuse.
- What is SCNCAC currently seeking to accomplish and what do we need to get there?
- Our mission is to empower communities to work together on behalf of child abuse victims can make all the difference in terms of response, intervention and in the lives of the child victims themselves.
We need all of the support we can get to combat abuse and the everlasting effects on children and families. Donate or get involved with your local CAC to help our cause.