SCNCAC member Children's Advocacy Centers will head to D.C. in early June for the National Children's Alliance Leadership Conference. On the afternoon of June 4, SCNCAC Hill Day attendees will take their message to Capitol Hill to advocate for Children's Advocacy Centers (CACs) and the CAC response to child abuse in South Carolina. Hill Day is an incredible opportunity for CAC representatives to advocate and provide a voice for children in South Carolina.
It is important that we know who will be attending the Hill Day visits so if you are a member CAC Director or secondary contact at your CAC, please use the link below to register. This registration is just for the Hill Day visits with SCNCAC. You must register separately and pay the registration fee if you want to attend the National Children's Alliance Leadership conference. There is a link at the bottom of this page for the NCA Leadership Conference.
REGISTER FOR HILL DAY NOW
Hill Day Schedule June 4
SCNCAC has arranged meetings with Senators and all available CAC representatives should plan on going to the Senator meetings as a group. We ask that CAC representatives make appointments with their individual Representatives in the House and we will all attend Representative visits if available. South Carolina has seven representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives. Click Here to identify your representative and obtain contact information.
- 12:15pm - SCNCAC Members will attend the Hill Day "Framing the Story" plenary session at NCA Leadership Conference. (There is also a Hill Day preparation session that is offered on June 3 at 4pm at the Leadership Conference)
- 12:45pm - All SCNCAC CAC representatives will meet after the "Framing the Story" plenary session at the NCA Leadership Conference to go over material and last minute logistics.
- 1:00pm - Individual meetings with House of Representative members begin
- 1:00pm - Individual CAC meeting Representative Joe Cunningham's Office
423 Cannon House Office Building
- TBD - Individual CAC meeting Representative Clyburn's Office
242 Cannon House Office Building
- 2:00pm - SCNCAC group meeting Senator Tim Scott's office
104 Heart Senate Office Building
- 3:30pm - SCNCAC group meeting Senator Lindsey Graham's office
290 Russell Senate Office Building
- 5pm - Individual meetings with House of Representative members conclude
for information about the National Children's Alliance Leadership Conference.