The Family Advocate is responsible for providing advocacy services to child victims and their families when sexual abuse and/or physical abuse has been alleged to the children and their families being served by the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) and to the Edisto Children's Center. The Family Advocate answers directly to the Child Advocacy Center Director.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Maintain confidentiality
- Make initial contact with the family once an interview is scheduled and answer any questions that may arise
- Provide crisis intervention for victims and their families referred by law enforcement and child protective services
- Perform safety assessments of the family and develop or recommend a safety plan with the victim and family
- Coordinate services with community resources to provide relief from barriers to services for the victim and family
- Maintain contact with the victim and family throughout the investigation and prosecution when requested by family and law enforcement
- Attend all MDT meetings and be prepared to facilitate in the absence of the MDT Coordinator.
- Maintain and update case records in agency database. NCAtrak.
- Remains current with literature and child abuse services
- Assist with trainings to the community and collaborating partners
- Receive all referrals and information on all cases of abuse referred to Edisto Children's Center
- Attend all case staffing
- Other duties as needed
- BA, BS, or BSW degrees and at least (3) years work experience. Master's preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Sound judgement, strong interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- Have a valid driver's license and transportation
- Abide by all agency programmatic and funding policies and procedures
The Family Advocate is a full-time position. This position will be paid a salary commensurate with their skills, experience, and quality of work. Employee benefits as described in the Employee Policies and Procedures Manual will be offered.
To apply, Click Here