Job Title: Victim Services Specialist (LGBTQIA and homeless populations)
General Summary of Duties: Ensure quality victim support services are provided and maintained to individuals in unserved and underserved populations.
Present concerns related to underserved victims during staffing, tracking, and documentation of services to primary and secondary survivors of sexual assault and child abuse. Train staff, community partners, and the public, to be able to identify, appropriately respond, and assist victims in all unserved and underserved communities.
· Ability to pass SLED / DSS background check
· Possess a valid SC Driver’s License
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong computer skills
· Knowledge of victim services, community resources, and social service agencies
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to sexual and physical abuse victims and their non-offending families
· Knowledge of crisis intervention principles and techniques
· Knowledge and understanding of cultural competence
· Well versed in the issues/concerns related to the LGBTQIA and homeless populations
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment with law enforcement, child protection services, mental health partners, and other agencies working with the victim(s) and family members
· Willing to work flexible hours, which may include some evenings and weekends.
Please email resumes to The Family Resource Center Hiring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If selected for an interview, the candidate must be prepared to give a presentation on the issues/concerns related to the LGBTQIA and/or homeless populations. The presentation is to be no longer than 10 minutes